Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Golden Thoughts


Again, I am just finishing catching up on reading my SLJ's for the last 4 months. (Articles only, I still have to read the book reviews!) But I came across a snippet from the January issue where Philip Pullman says this quote in response to some of the backlash against the His Dark Materials Trilogy due to the Golden Compass movie that came out in December. (Remember, these books have been out for ages, so they didn't just appear out of thin air. It's just heightened publicity due to the movie.)

Pullman says about the story,

They'll find a story that attacks such things as cruelty, oppression, intolerance, unkindness, narrow-mindedness and celebrates love, kindness, open-mindedness, tolerance, curiousity, human-intelligence.

What a Golden thought to describe these books! Again, read the book before you judge it. I couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments: