Monday, February 11, 2008

Can't You Just Watch Your DVD? (P&P on PBS)

Pride and Prejudice (A&E '95) started airing on PBS last night. JD just couldn't understand it. His repeated comment: "Couldn't you just watch your DVD's?" My response was, "Uh, no. It's on TV, I should watch it." I mean, I feel this personal commitment level to watch it if it's being aired. So what if I watch it at least once a year. So what if I've seen it more times than I can count. It's dear JA. It's 6 hours of pure JA, people! It's the Andrew Davies adaptation! It's got (dare I say it?) Colin Firth!

And the real kicker is--I got up about three quarters of the way through it in order to make lunches for the next day and throw some laundry in the wash. And who was still watching it (albeit while surfing on his laptop) and making comments about Mrs. Bennet and her lack of taste? That's right, JD. :)

Remember, this P&P adaptation receives 5 Bonnets!

1 comment:

Chandra said...

I watched only Lizzy's refusal of Mr. Collins. After that, I called it quits. I knew that if I watched just an hour of it, I'd have to pop in the DVDs and watch the whole 6 hrs. Can you believe I stopped watching when I hadn't even seen Darcy yet?