Monday, February 9, 2009

Ning Again (Thing 26)

Ning is a social networking site where users can create their own social network (IE: I saw example of people who liked heavy metal rock and roll. ) Ours is a network of those working on the 23 Thigns & More Things project. As per our instructions, I went back to the 23 Things on a Stick Ning site and played around a bit more this time. I was a bit worried about trying to find my password for it, but my browser remembered it for me. I got lucky for this site. I am sure that won't happen again. I added my avatar image to my login and read some of the discussions that have been posted. I was disappointed, they weren't that active.

I guess I'm just not a fan of this site. Do I have too many other sites I like to frequent? Yes. Do I really need another LMS networking tool? If I'm on several email list servs, do I need to be on an internet group, too? I struggle with the answer to that one. I am sure some of my colleagues would answer yes, but I argue no. There is only so much time in the day and I don't need another site to go to. I get connected through the list servs on MEMO & LM_Net and that's good enough for me.

No comments: