Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday!

My Darling Friend Jane,

Happy Belated! While I am a month late in writing this epistle, please know that I still wish you a Happy and Delightful Day! (Albeit, a month late to the day. ) I thought of you several times on your special day in December, but Yuletide preparations got the best of me. Do forgive me this minor lapse in writing, won't you?

I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you, Dear Jane, here in the 21st Century. We are thankful that you chose to share your wit & wisdom with us through your writing. You do make us laugh, smirk and altogether long for a much simpler life. Thank you again for seeing something in the lives of your neighbors, friends and family that you felt needed sharing. We truly enjoy your stories & letters.

I hope your day was spent in pure relaxation & exaltation in the heavens, rather than rolling your eyes and cringing at the latest mashup inspired by your works. Zombies? Vampires? What could we do next to your gentle characters? How insupportable! You must think we are rude & rather obnoxious. Maybe, just perhaps, you are excessively diverted by the attention we shower you with? Do understand--it is all out of love and esteem.

Again, Happy Belated Dear One. We remember you in our constant rereading and remembering.

No comments: