Tuesday, April 14, 2009

No Brains For Me


So, I was going to treat myself today to something I actually do not do a lot of: Going to B&N to buy a book. The book I wanted: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem! by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith.

This book has been on my radar because AustenBlog has been touting its hilarity for quite a while. Then suddenly this week, this zombie toting P&P jumped to #3 on the New York Times trade fiction bestseller list! Lament: I would pick the week it does this to decide to purchase it. Sounds like it is out of stock/backordered everywhere and that the publisher is printing more.

In the meantime: Here's an article from the NY Times called, I Was A Regency Zombie.
Likewise, here is a link to some posts from AustenBlog about the P&P and Zombies, as well as the Elton John movie mentioned in the NY Times article (subject of the posts: paraliterature).

I'll let you know when the book arrives. I'm off to order it from Amazon, so when they arrive, I get my zombie fix. Er, I mean P&P fix. Right-o. You get the idea...Mmmm, brains!

Oh, side note: I did come home with 2 Jane fanfic books though....from the B&N bargain section: 101 Things You Didn't Know About Jane Austen: The Truth About the World's Most Intriguing Literary Heroine by Patrice Hannon and
also Mr. and Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One by Sharon Lathan (looks like this is the 1st in a series!). More about them when I finish them...

1 comment:

Sarah AJ said...

Everything's better with zombies! I'm having trouble imagining Darcy dealing with the undead, but will have to check it out. :) I'd also recommend this post about babywearing during a zombie apocalypse: http://www.baby-carriers-downunder.com/2009/02/21/its-time-to-get-serious-zombies/