Sunday, February 10, 2008

Online Image Generators (Thing 6)



ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and moreIn case you weren't sure what blog you were reading... :)

Playing around with ImageChef was fun! There are a lot of options to choose from and I recognized many of the images that I've seen people use on other sites or other blogs. The trading card creator was one of the mashups that I looked at for Thing 5, so I'd seen it. This time I got to use it. JA sits on top of my file cabinet at work. My after school students thought I was a bit nutso to be taking pictures of Jane (really, I only took so many because I was trying to get the camera to focus on her face.) I could see uses for both Image Chef and the Trading card creator use in the school setting. The hardest part is just finding the time to do some of the work. If I made trading cards of authors--would would find the pictures? Write the brief bio for the lower half of the card? Is it worth my time? Is it worth a teacher's time for another project? Just food for thought there. I really like Image Chef for programming ideas. I think that website was most useful. I can see that one coming in handy. If I copy and paste the image, can I get it into a word document? I haven't tried that yet and that might be a good idea bc then you would put it in a flyer or a display idea.

No comments: